3 card poker overview
Three card poker is a very hot and popular game not only because it is fun and offers high frequency but also because it is very easy to learn. Poker 3 cards can be characterized as follows:
- The game has very moderate house edge.
- It offers two ways to play: against the dealer and based on how good your cards are.
- Wager can be chosen: a wager that has frequent payoffs and the wager where the win may exceed the bet by 40 times.
- Making both bets is possible.
- Results can be improved by implementing very basic strategies.
So, generally this is ideal game for beginners and advanced players. It can easily be played for free and with real money bets.
How to play 3 cards poker?
Poker play mode in 3 card poker is very easy and simple. There are six hands to be remembered, which are made exactly the same as in any other poker game. These are:
- Straight Flush;
- Three of a Kind;
- High Card.
The procedure is consisted of two ways to play, which are: (1) Ante-Play and Pair Plus where some variations may include side bets and (2) Three cards poker option. When a player chooses to play the first option either ante-wager or both can be played. Then, poker with 3 cards works in the following way:
- A bet is placed by using either of two alternatives of the first option, betting that the hand will be a pair or better.
- 3 cards are given to player and the dealer being faced down.
- The game mode is against the dealer but not the other players.
- After looking at the cards, a player will decide whether to place a play wager, which is equal to initial bet to play against the dealer.
- If player folds, ante wager and pair plus wager go to the dealer.
- If play wager had been placed, then the cards will be opened to see whether the hands are actually better than the dealer’s hands.
- If the dealer has Jack-high hand or worse, the play wager is returned to the player.
- If a player has better hand than the dealer and the dealer has got Queen-high hand or higher, the bets are paid 1 to1.
- If the dealer hands are better, then ante and play bet are taken away from the player. Pair plus in this case will be determined to be completely independent to what dealer has got.
3 card poker rules are slightly different to other types of poker, how to play technique is very important to be known well in this sense.
How to win 3 card poker?
Winning is always crucial indeed, so everyone should remember that optimum strategy will have to be followed. The optimum strategy is consisted of one simple rule – when the hands are greater than Queen, Six and Four, then playing option sets the green light. If the hands are worse, it is always better to fold.
Basics for beginners
Beginners should always be aware of payouts, this distinguishes it from the other poker variants. The following aspects will have to be remembered:
Pair plus payouts:
- Straight Flush 40 to 1;
- Three of a Kind 30 to 1;
- Straight 6 to 1;
- Flush 3 to 1;
- Pair 1 to 1.
Ante bonus payouts:
- Straight Flush 5 to 1;
- Three of a Kind 4 to 1;
- Straight 1 to 1.
The above mentioned table should always be to hand or in player’s mind.
Things to be known by advanced players
When it comes to advanced players, it should always be remembered that 3 card poker offers lots of options for poker free apps, therefore, not being naive means to always consider to stick to a certain option not only for the sake of having practice and developing skills but also to be aware that people should always play with the money that can be prepared to be lost.
So playing for free is sometimes better than to sit and spend a fortune on playing poker. It is also important to know where to stop no matter whether a person wins or loses.